[CQ-Contest] JARTS RTTY Contest October 19-20

Subject: [CQ-Contest] JARTS RTTY Contest October 19-20
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon Oct 7 21:52:00 2002
I just wanted to remind everyone that the JARTS (Japanese Amateur Radio
Teleprinter Society) World-Wide RTTY Contest is being held on October 19 &20.

This will be the 11th annual JARTS contest.  This is a very fun RTTY contest and
one of my favorites.  There is a lot of activity.  Last year the top 13
contestants made
over 900 QSO's.

The exchange is a simple RST and AGE.

Official rules in English at http://www.edsoftz.com/JARTS/2002/rules2002.html.
Official rules in Japanese at http://www.edsoftz.com/JARTS/2002/rules2002j.html.

If you do not already have contest software for this contest, the author of
(which is the best RTTY decoder available for free in my opinion) has written a
program called MMJARTS which is specifically written for this contest and uses
MMTTY with a sound card.  It's available at http://www.qsl.net/mmhamsoft/.

For WriteLog users, I've placed contest message examples on my WriteLog website

For those that wish to get started on RTTY, please refer to my "Getting Started
on RTTY"
tutorial at http://www.aa5au.com/rtty/.  This tutorial is geared toward using
the program to get you started on RTTY.

I'm happy to help anyone who wishes to get started on RTTY.  However, I have to
warn that I'm very busy in my regular job trying to re-establish communications
to the
oil & gas industry in the Gulf of Mexico after Hurricane Lili.  I hope to have
this stabilized by
next week and plan on taking a few days off before the contest to recuperate.

I'm very much looking forward to this year's JARTS contest.  I hope you can
join us!

73, Don AA5AU