[CQ-Contest] Best contesting rig

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Best contesting rig
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Tue Oct 8 13:03:04 2002
I am preparing to write my monthly Contesting Column
for our local newsletter.  This month I am going to
write about what to look for in picking out the best
contesting rig.  I would like opinions and feed back
from reflector members about the best contesting rig:

1. Under $600
2. From $600 to $1000
3. From $1000 to $1500
4. Over $1500

Are there any rigs in these categories that you would
definitely avoid?  Any Why?

73s John NE0P

John Geiger
Assistant Professor of Psychology, Cameron University
Ham Call NE0P, active 160-23cm
Yaesu FT100D, Icom T81A, Clegg FM73 (220 MHZ FM)
Now on RTTY, PSK, Hellschreiber, MFSK16, JT44, and HSMS with WSJT
SMIRK 5768, 10X 67581, 6 club 497
5BWAS, DXCC, 2 VUCCs on 50 mhz (Iowa, Illinois)

Do you Yahoo!?