[CQ-Contest] Re: [CQ-Contest]"No QSL Needed"

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [CQ-Contest]"No QSL Needed"
From: contesting@eircom.net (Tim Makins, EI8IC)
Date: Fri Oct 11 08:57:12 2002
----- Original Message -----
From: <jsschuster@snet.net>
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: 11 October 2002 00:23
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re "No QSL Needed"

> I like the Q Signal  "QNQ"    "Please do not QSL!"    JACK

QNQ already has an established meaning assigned by the ARRL for net
operations:

Move frequency to........and wait for........to finish handling traffic.
Then send him traffic for.......

Perhaps an abbreviation, or 'no qsl pse' would be better. However, contest
operators are unlikely to want to send this in their exchange, and I wonder
if some DX stations are put off entering in major contests due to the cost
of dealing with the QSL cards that arrive some months down the line via the
bureau. If a qsl card arrives on my doorstep via the bureau, I feel
honour-bound to send one out in return. But where is the money to come from
for a print-run of 10,000 cards ? I have great problems coping with this,
and am sure that hams in other developing countries feel the same. Eqsl and
LogbookOnTheAir are a great idea, but once the cards have come in from the
bureau, I still want to send a 'real' one out. Some people go to such
trouble for a 'real' card - I had one the other day that was custom-printed
with QSO details and plastic-laminated !! How can anyone refuse ?

73s Tim EI8IC
http://www.qsl.net/ei8ic/
Budget and Newbie Contest Resources.
New:  Interactive Chinese & Russian Prefix Maps.
Full DXCC flag set for Ham Webmasters.