[CQ-Contest] Which contest rig-Results

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Which contest rig-Results
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Wed Oct 16 13:39:38 2002
Thanks to all who replied to my question about which
contest rig to choose.  Here are the results in the
different categories:

Under $600
1st Kenwood TS830
2nd Kenwood TS930

$600 to $1000
1st Kenwood TS850
2nd Icom 765
    Yaesu FT990

$1000-$1500
Icom 756 PRO
Everything else received 1 vote

Over $1500
1st Yaesu FT1000MP MKV
2nd Icom 756PRO II
    Yaesu FT1000D

Most of these choices were exactly what I was thinking
of myself in these price ranges.  I was a little
surprised that the FT1000 MP (original) did not
receive more votes. Same for the Icom 761.  The
Kenwood TS950SDX only received 1 vote in its category,
which was surprising.  Also, the original 756 did not
receive any votes, but the Yaesu FT920 did better than
I expected.  It must be a pretty good radio.

Thanks to everyone who responded.  This will help out
greatly with my newsletter article.

73s John NE0P