[CQ-Contest] 160m band plan

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 160m band plan
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Tue Oct 29 11:11:17 2002
Dave,

Regardless of the FCC position, it is still the band plan and lots of us
still abide by it. Hopefully everyone will.

I passed up dozens of QSOs from DX that were operating simplex below 1843
this weekend, and I know many other 160 meter ops followed the same
practice. DX stations need to be aware that they are sacrificing QSOs by
not listening above 1843 for stateside.

BTW I heard many Europeans and others operating transceive above 1843 --
now if conditions had only cooperated!

73/Jon AA1K

>From ARRL Letter 10/26 quoting Riley Hollingsworth:

<quote>