I have occasional RF interference into my computer,
especially 10 meters, high power, high SWR caused by
a big jump in frequency without retuning the Matchbox.
I would have selected the station from a packet spot
with the logging software, and the radio did move to
that frequency, and I called the station, and when
would go to enter that QSO with the logging software:
-Sometimes the computer was frozen, no cursor blink nor
cursor control, and the three-fingered-salute ALT-CTL-DEL
was not recognized, requiring a hardware reset.
-But sometimes, I would log the contact, and then, as I
tuned away, looking for new stations, the logging software
would have stopped seeing the radio's actual frequency,
and instead, it kept that original frequency, even when
I went to announce a new station.
I learned to always compare what frequency the logging software
thinks my radio is on, with the actual frequency of the radio.
Sometimes I could clear this error and reestablish communications
by opening and closing the Radio Setup Ports option, sometimes
I have to exit and restart the logging program, and rarely I have
had to restart the hardware to get the logging software to see
the radio again.
None of this, in my opinion is the "fault" of the logging software;
it's just what can happen when RF Interference changes the bits in
a computer's memory.
But because I know it happens, it could easily account for accidental
postings of multiple stations with a stuck frequency.
P.S. But only my typing is to blame for my erroneous posting
of a YV5 as a VY5.