[CQ-Contest] North vs. South

Subject: [CQ-Contest] North vs. South
From: k1mk@arrl.net (Michael Keane, K1MK)
Date: Fri Nov 1 09:24:58 2002
"Matt" wrote:

> "I just looked back, to see what condition my conditions was in"
--Jerry
> Reed
>
> I hope the sun is nice to us northerners this weekend. The report below
> kinda gives me the eeby jeebies!

It shouldn't! ;-)

> ------------------
> From: SKY & TELESCOPE's AstroAlert for Sun-Earth Interactions
>
>  a possibility continues to exist for
> additional impressive and dynamic solar limb activity over the next few
> days.
> There is also a chance we may see additional major x-ray flares over
the
> coming week or two

Well for SS your concerns are obviously the next few days, and not the
coming week or two. So, if whatever activity does occur is going to be
confined to the limb, then it's not going to cause you too much in the
way of grief from bad effects. Other than perhaps a brief shortwave
fadeout.

Hint: If a flare does happen, then it's time to head for 10M or 15M or
take a half-hour of off time.

Don't worry, be happy. And bring it on!

73,
Mike K1MK