[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Nov 4 14:43:42 2002
At 12:51 PM 11/4/02 -0500, K4BEV@aol.com wrote:
>My QRSs got ignored too. Gave up on that after about 5 times.
>No one had to tell me to leave though. I was already gone.
>
>What's with the 30++ wpm code? Does it really help rate?

FWIW, I've been conscious of this code-speed thing for years.  I was
surprised that most folks were at 32 or below, even on Saturday night.  I
spent Saturday at a base speed of 29, and Sunday mostly at 26.  QRSed a lot
without being asked, which is a good thing, because I never was asked, even
though some guys couldn't copy at my base speed.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower