[CQ-Contest] spread the load

Subject: [CQ-Contest] spread the load
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Fri Nov 8 12:37:28 2002
During cqww ssb my AR-Cluster node was apparently 'full' for a while
resulting in some users getting rejected.  I know I saw 80 users
connected at least twice, that plus the telnet node connections just ran
it out of connections and with 1200+ spots/hr may also have been slowing
down the service.  For future contests please try to spread the load out
a bit.  Here in the north east the following AR-Cluster nodes normally
connect to me and should have the same spots within seconds of my node.

W1GQ dx.w1gq.net
K1EU k1eu.dynip.com
AA2MF dxc.aa2mf.net
W2GSB 24.187.239.170 (replaces n2tx but has been experiencing some kind
of problems recently)

Please try them out before the next contest, set any filters you may
want on each one, and make sure you know how to switch your telnet
software in case you have to do it in the heat of the contest.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net