[CQ-Contest] 2002 ARRL SS Phone contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2002 ARRL SS Phone contest
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Mon Nov 11 17:50:08 2002
Greetings all,

I will once again be authoring the writeup for next weekend's contest for
QST. There won't be line scores but there will be more space for story and
pictures. I need your help.

I'll be up to my elbows in SS myself, and the Gulfstream II is in the shop,
so I won't be able to fly around collecting photos. So please try to keep in
mind that every good magazine article needs some good pictures to go with
it. If you have a digital camera, or a means to digitize photos, please try
to have someone take some snaps. (Multiops, especially, should have no
trouble finding someone to press the shutter release.)

Here's what I'd like:
1. Candid photos of humorous situtations during the contest or during set-up
or take-down periods. It would be great if these were situations aside from
obvious op-at-radio shots.
2. Portrait-like photos: if you have a sneaking suspicion you're in Top 10
in any category, please try to have a photo of yourself, perhaps in all your
post-contest, unshaven (or otherwise depending on gender), stressed-out
glory, smiling into the camera with the station used in the background.
3. Artsy photos: close-up of your FT1000 Mk V tuning knob and readout;
time-delay exposure of your aluminum farm with the stars moving across the
sky; etc. Be creative. Please, only those radios or antenna farms used for
SS, but arsty pics need not be taken during the contest.

Technical specs: publishing electronic photos to magazine-like quality
requires considerable resolution. But the details aren't that complicated.

Resolution: 300 dpi
Size: eight inches on the long side.
File size: should be about 600 kB or larger. (Don't hesitate to send larger
files.)

E-mail your photos to my work address: kelly.taylor@freepress.mb.ca

I will likely get more pix than I need, so I will offer what I don't send to
QST to contesting.com, if they would like them.

73, kelly
ve4xt