[CQ-Contest] Busted calls and Uniques

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Busted calls and Uniques
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Wed Nov 13 17:05:33 2002
K4WW noted:

>First, I'm not sure how/why any RTTY log checking should be of any interest
>to some of those subscribed to "this here" reflector, as you have so stated
>so well, "RTTY isn't a real mode"!

I was taking the piss, mate.  ;^)

>I admire any/all log checkers, and have
>very little interest as to how the logs are checked, as long as the same
>process is applied to all logs! I believe that is being done! I'm sure there
>is "room for improvement", just as I'm sure that "improvement" will come?

Not deleting uniques, being a bit more cognizant of where bits of the world
are - perhaps even considering what has been developed over the years
for log checking in mainstream contests?

If you are after setting a record or competing at the continental level, you
too might begin to wonder what's the point of struggling to work some
weak guy that may be deleted from your log as he didn't work enough other
stations during the contest....

Otherwise, I agree with Shelby's get-on-&-have-fun approach.

73, BW2/VR2BrettGraham