[CQ-Contest] Sending the right # remains the operator's responsibility

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sending the right # remains the operator's responsibility
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Thu Nov 14 16:23:19 2002
> But no matter what you use to make code, are we questioning whether
> it is or is not the sender's responsibility to send the right #$%^
> number, for goodness sake?

Of course not - the problem is detecting of when the sender screwed up.

If it's true that log checking really allows +/- 1 in the serial number
(though I think +1 is enough) it is obviously in an effort to placate
those who would complain (and rightfully so) that they "copied what was
sent", yet were dinged because the sender screwed up.

This is another example of the log checking going out of its way to try
to avoid penalizing the wrong party.  The fact that it also allows
sloppy receiving to sneak through as well is unfortunate collateral
damage.

Mike N2MG