[CQ-Contest] 80M DX window???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 80M DX window???
From: david.e.burger@au.pwcglobal.com (david.e.burger@au.pwcglobal.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 10:23:03 2002
>From the DX side of things.. the issue is equally grey.  I will pop up in
the window for 'bursts' of 30 minutes or so.. and then try and work split
3699/3805 or something like that - very very hard going though, as most NA
hams would never listen down at 3699 for a SSB signal.

Generally using a VK8 callsign in the window keeps the soothsayers quiet,
but I know if I was in Sydney and used VK2 I would probably get a quick
push-on.  Martin VK5GN will reply to calls but won't monoploise our
3794~3800 window, and I guess its a tough call.

The GOOD NEWS news is that all VK hams will get access to 3776~3800kHz from
January 1, 2004. So we should see some decent 80m scores out of VK after
that date !!!

David VK8AA / VK2CZ
computer.