[CQ-Contest] 80M DX window???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 80M DX window???
From: n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Wed Nov 20 02:26:08 2002
I think there is an element of anti-contest in this situation too.  However,
the absurdity of it hit home for me several years back when I was doing a
75m single band effort in the WPX SSB.  I was calling CQ on 3795, and I was
told to move.  I asked why and was told because it was the DX window.  I
replied, thanks - that's exactly why I'm here - to work DX!  This was not
accepted as a logical course of events and was followed with all sorts of
noises, jamming etc.

I do think that calling CQ SS in this area should be avoided, but there has
to be tolerance of using the window area for DX contests.

Actually, I'd like to see the band segments put back the way they were so
that the advanced band started at 3800, which really was cool as many DX
stations would call CQ in the window, and listen above 3800 for callers.
Those were days.

73,
N5NJ