[CQ-Contest] Omni-V Fixed. Tnx Ten-Tec de VY1JA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Omni-V Fixed. Tnx Ten-Tec de VY1JA
From: jallen@internorth.com (J. Allen)
Date: Wed Nov 6 04:44:43 2002
Friends,

Thank you for your support concerning the ARRL Sweepstakes CW Contest.  I
will be on during the SS Phone contest with my Omni-V.  It is working
perfectly thanks to the efforts of the efforts of  Ten-Tec Service.  I was
walked through servicing it myself via e-mail.  I have owned other rigs and
never had this kind of service before.

When Scott, W4PA, Ten-Tec's Sales Manager, heard of my problems during
CW-SS, he extended the offer of a loan of a Jupiter, to make sure that I was
on the air for phone SS.  He then asked Ten-Tec's Service Manager, Paul,
WD4EBR to assist me with repairs, which Paul did.  Scott's offer of the
loaner was to be a backup in case the repair work failed, but with Paul's
help we were able to get the Omni-V fixed before the shipping deadline for
the Jupiter.

The loader work is done, my health has returned, and I am free now that the
rig is working, to get that beam up and the rotator under it.  Wish me good
weather.

If I consider the volume of received e-mail as a voting medium of the
"contester's rules committee", the following is in perfect order:

Watch for me at my MUF before the contest finding a clear frequency on or
near ?27, ?37 or ?17.

:o)

Let's have fun in a little over a week, and expect a number of VY1's as well
as VY0AAA with a small apartment operation.  Bob, VY1MB, and I are each
planning serious efforts, so VY1 should be VERY easy to find... now what
about WY, MT, and NL?

J.
VY1JA