[CQ-Contest] Post-Contest Confirmation

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Post-Contest Confirmation
From: hwardsil@centurytel.net (Ward Silver)
Date: Sun Dec 1 18:13:19 2002
Hi all,

I believe Kelly VE4XT has it right - just decline and explain nicely why =
you are declining without accusing them of grand larceny.

Remember - for them it was probably just a fun experiment in contesting. =
 We all probably screwed up Big Time in our first two or three (or ???) =
contests and weren't tar and feathered for it.  As a matter of fact, I =
recall thinking it would be fun to steal a frequency in my first phone =
SS - before even getting a license.  Luckily, I was corrected on the =
spot.  It probably requires many contests before the finer points of =
contesting ethics begin to matter to a beginner who is just trying to =
make QSOs in what sounds like utter chaos.  The key to correcting the =
misconception about post-contest confirmations is education, not =
vitriol.  I would like to see these folks come back enlightened, not =
driven away from contesting.

So what if it turns out to be some sleazy and underhanded Internet scam? =
 You still won't have given out the information...

73, Ward N0AX

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---