[CQ-Contest] CQWW Spots

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Spots
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Mon Dec 2 18:46:17 2002

> Jamie Dupree wrote:
> > A review of raw spot data from the CQWW SSB and CQWW CW
> > shows spots were made by 42 US callsigns which were not
> > issued by the FCC.
>
> Is there any way to determine the originating cluster?

In some cases it is possible, however many of them are put in on the
www.dxsummit.com web interface.  I have tried in the past to request the
ip address that are supposedly recorded (by a statement on their web
page) for each entry but have not gotten any data.  As close as I could
get was to forward data to the contest sponsors and have them ask... I
have no idea if they ever have or if they have received the data.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net