[CQ-Contest] Short contest calls.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Short contest calls.
From: n6tj@sbcglobal.net (James Neiger)
Date: Mon Dec 2 21:15:40 2002
In my opinion, this is beyond silly.  If some guys are creative enough to
get a call they want/like, so what??

Why does everything have to look the same?  With packet, lists, nets, super
check partial, .CTY files, etc etc ad nauseum, this incessant 'dumbing down'
of operator skills is making operating a JOKE.

 So you have to be smart enough to rotate your antenna and peak the signal,
so what?
And you can't hear them send Zone 27 ONE TIME and figure out that this just
might be Guam?  Or does one suppose the "G" stands for Georgia??  And so
what if YOU have to modify your CTY.DAT file?  And since when is it AD1C's
job to do it for you?

If using a less than standard call, whatever that is, and it hurts the
guy(s) behind the call, so what?  It's their choice, and no one else's.

Wake up, Virginia, the silly season is upon us.

Jim Neiger N6TJ