[CQ-Contest] RE: Mobile antennas

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Mobile antennas
From: W1HIJCW@aol.com (W1HIJCW@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 3 22:52:07 2002
In a message dated 12/03/02 12:18:15 Pacific Standard Time, kcechura@umr.edu
writes:

> Noone ever works a contest
> from their car.

Oh no?  Sure we do ... I commute about an hour and 15 minutes each way and
when a contest starts at 00Z, I'm on the road about 2 hours later. Do I try
to do a CW contest seriously from the pickup? Hell, no. But will I get on and
make some QSO's? You better believe it. With my schedule sometimes that's the
only operating time I can get in.

BTW, a small digital recorder works just fine for logging. 'Course you have
to transcribe it later, but it's better than trying to steer, watch for
traffic, handle the mic, tune the radio, and write a log all at the same time
...  :>)

de Bill, W1HIJ/M6 (That's mobile in CA, not portable in the UK!)

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---