[CQ-Contest] mobiling

Subject: [CQ-Contest] mobiling
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Thu Dec 5 13:18:43 2002
On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, jim funk wrote:

> K4OJ wrote:
>
> In the FQP crossing a county line for the mobiles is like suddenly
> showing up in North Korea - the pileups when you hit the new counties
> are fast and furious...
>
> And, generally speaking, you don't get thrown out of the county.
>
> Well, wait a second; that *has* happened....

I'm curious if that HAS happened.

For some reason the sheriff's dept. in the county I live in (Champaign
county) has gotten a reputation for kicking out VHF hilltop contesters.
It hasn't happened to me yet, but a few people I know have been chased off
hilltops with no real explanation given.

73, Zack W9SZ