[CQ-Contest] Proposal for Major Changes in Rules of LZ DX Contest 2003

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Proposal for Major Changes in Rules of LZ DX Contest 2003
From: wally@el-soft.com (Valeri Stefanov)
Date: Sat Dec 7 21:57:33 2002
Dear Fellow contesters

We want to make our LZ DX contest more interesting for all of you and that
is why we are going to do so to speak a major changes in the rules for year
2003.

Please read the drafts and let us know what you think abou new rules . Your
input will be greatly appreciated.
Please send your comments directly to my e mail
 wally@el-soft.com

73's de Wally LZ2CJ(LZ8T) , team member LZ9W & YM3LZ

LZ   DX   CONTEST   2003
(DRAFT RULES - NEW FORMAT)

The Bulgarian Federation of Radio Amateurs has the honour to invite amateurs
all over the world to participate in the LZ  DX CONTEST.

DATE and PERIOD:
Each weekend  before the last full weekend of November from 12:00 UTC on
Saturday till 12:00 UTC on Sunday (2003 -22/23 November). (i.e. during the
weekend before CQWW CW contest weekend)

BAND and MODE:
Bands:80; 40; 20; 15 ; 10 m according to IARU Region I band plan.
Modes: CW, SSB, Mixed
Band changes are allowed without restrictions.
After Mode change is done the entrant must stay on this mode for at least 10
minutes.
Same station may be worked once on CW and once on SSB on every band.

CATEGORIES:
         A - Single Operator/Multi Bands/Mixed
         B - Single Operator/Multi Bands/CW
         C - Single Operator/Multi Bands/SSB
         D - Single Operator/Single Band/Mixed

Low power (max 100 W output) entrants will be marked with (*) sign in final
results.

        E - Multi Operators/Single Transmitter/All Bands/ Mixed

HP and LP M/S are allowed. Low Power M/S will be marked with ( * ) sign in
final results.

         D - SWL

EXCHANGE:

RST + ITU zone of the entrant

POINTS:
 6 points for each QSO with LZ station
 3 points for each QSO with other continent
 1 point for each QSO with the same continent and country

 SWL POINTS:
 3 points for two call signs and two numbers
 1 point for two call signs and one number

 MULTIPLIER:
 The sum of  ITU zones  worked on each band

 FINAL SCORE:
The sum of QSO points multiplied by final multiplier according to the
category of the entrant.

 PAPER LOGS:
In standard forms. Separate logs for each band are
required. A  summary sheet showing ITU zones worked on  each band and a
declaration are required.

Please send your log to :
BFRA, P.O.Box 830, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

 ELECTRONIC LOGS:
Please send your e- logs preferably in CABRILLO format.

Send electronic logs to E-mail: ......(TBD)

DEADLINE:
30 days after the contest (post stamp being decisive for paper logs)

AWARDS:
First three scores in the world in each category (separate for HP and LP
entrants) will receive awards.
Plaque will be awarded to the first in the world entrant in categories A and
E ( High Power Entrants Only )

REMARKS:
Bulgarian stations are listed separately from foreign entrants.