[CQ-Contest] Re: SS CW YEAR

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: SS CW YEAR
From: w9wi@w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Sun Dec 8 20:59:45 2002
OK, I've been threatening (to myself) to do this, and finally have...

Managed to dig out two old paper SS logs.  My educated guess is that they're
1986 and 1987 CW SS.  (the newest check in both logs is 1985.  One is
definitely a CW log and the other has over 500 QSOs - I don't think I ever
made that many on phone in the 1980s.)

There's a bit of statistical analysis and a few charts on
http://www.w9wi.com/articles/sschecks.htm .  Take it for what it's worth.

To address one question brought up here..  the average check in both earlier
logs is in 1962.  The average check in my log from this fall's CW SS is in
1966.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66