[CQ-Contest] But I didn't inhale!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] But I didn't inhale!
From: n7df@zianet.com (Larry N7DF)
Date: Mon Dec 9 17:08:04 2002
When I turned on the radio Sunday morning in the ARRL 160 contest it =
happened to be set on 1831.3. Much to my surprise I heard NL7Z calling =
CQ on frequency with no answers. I called him, barefoot, and worked him =
right away. As the linear warmed up and I tuned the band for new =
stations I continued listening to him on the second receiver but he =
wasn=92t getting any calls.

Since the internet computer was warmed up and already logged in to the =
internet downloading my e-mail, I decided to post him to the DX Summit =
packet cluster. Within seconds he had a pileup. But, several of the =
stations that called him in the next two minutes or so were stations =
that always report their logs as unassisted.

Now; I always operate unassisted and do not activate the packet cluster =
during contests. This is the first time I have ever brought it up while =
I was still in a contest. I guess though, that under the rules, I will =
have to report my entry as assisted even though I "didn=92t inhale".

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---