[CQ-Contest] TIME OUT ? ARRL10m

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TIME OUT ? ARRL10m
From: k8cc@comcast.net (David A. Pruett)
Date: Thu Dec 12 19:27:43 2002
Juan,

K9TM and I are the team which checks the ARRL 10M Contest logs, so I will
tell you what we do.

Since the rule requiring twelve hours of rest does not say "single operator
only", it applies to all entries.  I will ask that this be made clearer in
the rules for next year.

Yes, unfortunately the rules do not specify a minimum off time.  The rule
we have been following is 30 minutes minimum, same as the ARRL Sweepstakes
contest, which is W/VE only.

Since I started checking the ARRL 10 logs in 1998, every year we have
perhaps five or six stations who do not take the 12 hours rest.  One
station once operated 44 hours!  All of these stations seem to come from
South America - one CX station in particular and several LUs.  We think
this is because you enjoy such good 28 MHz propagation from South America
that you don't want to stop operating the contest!

In any case, please spread the word - 36 hours operating time, 30 minutes
minum for rest time.

CU this weekend.

73,

Dave/K8CC