[CQ-Contest] Mark V or mark V Field

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Mark V or mark V Field
From: snichols@mvosprey.com (Scott Nichols)
Date: Fri Dec 13 11:41:42 2002
Thanks to all who replied to my questions yesterday Re: Purchasing a
Mark V or Mark V Field...Bigger response than I expected, guess there
are lots of Yaesu fans here...

For those interested here are the results of the "poll"...

Of the 26 responses, 16 preferred the Mark V, 5 preferred Mark V Field,
4 said they would take either one if Santa brought it (!!) and 1 related
to something I'm still trying to decipher...

Biggest reason for preferring the Mark V ? 200 watts vs 100 watts (what
I expected from a Contesting reflector!!)...Biggest reason for the Mark
V Field ? Cheaper and the internal power supply...Results not
surprising...My conclusion is that, according to people who have tried
them, they are identical except for the power output and
internal/external power supplies...That's what I wanted to know...

Mark V it is...Santa will be duly notified...

Thanks and 73,

Scott VE1OP