[CQ-Contest] Clicks - last one I promise.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Clicks - last one I promise.
From: n4bp@netzero.net (Bob Patten)
Date: Wed Dec 18 13:54:13 2002
Bill Fisher, W4AN wrote:

>Just got a note from K4BAI chastising me for my earlier comments on his
>MP, which in fact DOES have the W8JI modification installed.  My apologies
>again to John.

Bill, I know you feel that the W8JI mod does a better job than the Int'l
Radio version.  With all the recent discussion about key clicks from the
FT-1000 series, and having myself received one or two reports of clicks
from my FT-1000MP over the years, I did some reading up on both of the
mods.  My choice was the Int'l Radio mod, partially due to its relative
ease in installation, and partially from the specs I was reading about
both mods.  I completed the mod just yesterday and haven't made any
comparisons other than to listen to my transmitter on a separate
receiver before and after the mod (no scope readily available).
Anyhow, I feel I should have made at least some improvement to mine and
will not panic the next time I receive a report of clicks, rather I will
more likely attribute it to receiver setup or overload at the remote
end.  I DO want to put out a clean signal.

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail: n4bp@netzero.net                Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
QRP ARCI #3412    SOC #1    ARS #799    Whiners #6   FISTS #7871

Introducing NetZero Long Distance
1st month Free!