[CQ-Contest] Re: ARRL section checking in Cabrillo

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: ARRL section checking in Cabrillo
From: artinian@siol.net (Marijan Miletic, S56A)
Date: Sat Dec 21 13:07:42 2002
Trey, N5KO of HC8N fame wrote:

>In any circumatance where an ARRL section is indicated, such as in the
>summary sheet portion of your CABRILLO file (the ARRL-SECTION: line),
>or in QSO data in your CABRILLO file (for instance, the QSO: lines in
>a Sweepstakes log), you *must* use the official section abbreviation
>listed at

>http://www.arrl.org/contests/sections.abv.html

My default Cabrillo SOAPBOX comment is:  "It takes THE mathematician to make
such a "standard" format".
As we know in math, if you can produce just a single proof of the opposite,
the whole thesis becomes invalid.
DX is NOT mentioned in the above recommended list of 80 choices so much
enjoyed by our VE/MAR/NWT friends.
Unfortunately, it has become a habit in USA to forget the rest of the
world...
When I state DX and mention a reputable contest club of which I happened to
be a President,
I would expect ARRL robot to accept that and ignore another irrelevant local
list.

Trey has done much better programming in his younger KKN days :-)
I hope ARRL robort would follow Darwin's HC8 evolution...

Merry Xmass and a happy New Year from Mario, S56A, N1YU

P.S.  It would be nice to have "standard" Cabrillo header and not only QSO:
format!