[CQ-Contest] Re: TS-950SD Rcvr Problems

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: TS-950SD Rcvr Problems
From: swedge@hologic.com (Steve Wedge)
Date: Tue Jan 7 13:57:47 2003

Does the rig go into transmit when this happens?

I had something similar happen with my FT-1000, but it went into xmit
when there was a very stron local CW signal.  I found that the culprit
was apparently the adjustment of VOX and Anti-VOX.  The rig would go
into transmit (with no power output, I might add) when the AGC got above
a certain level.  I resolved it by changing the VOX/Anti-Vox settings.

Check to see if your problem manifests itself during reception of strong

73 & GL,

Steve, W1ES>>

Message: 4
To: cq-contest@contesting.com
From: Chris Allingham <ve3fu@rac.ca>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS-950SD Rvcr Problems

I'm having trouble with my TS-950SD.  Every so often, the receiver goes
dead.  The S-meter goes full scale and I can't hear anything.  It's as
the RF-gain was turned all the way back.

Most of the time it will correct itself within a second or two.
cycling the power on an off will correct it, other times I have to leave

the power off for a while.  It's hit and miss.  Sometimes it happens
shortly after I turn on the rig, other times it starts happening after
rig has been on for a few hours.  Sometimes the receiver will go quiet
full S-meter) for a long time (minutes), other times it will quickly
between working and not working, as if someone was playing with the
knob.  I've reset the microprocessor, but it's still the same.

Has anyone experienced this before (not necessarily with a TS-950)?
was the root cause?

Chris VE3FU / VO2AC