[CQ-Contest] serious question clarification

Subject: [CQ-Contest] serious question clarification
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Wed Jan 15 21:00:20 2003
On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 04:42:27PM -0600, Mark Beckwith wrote:

> > Then keep it in your log and be more careful next time.

I will confess to saying the above.

> So I am guessing the answer to my question is there is not a way to do what
> I want.  Either I take the hit for being an idiot or I impose the hit on the
> innocent guy.
>
> I don't like either option.

Yeah - well I guess we could go back to the old SS scoring
and get one point for sending and one for receiving.

> Tree?  Trey?  Dave?  Anyone out there in log-checking land have a definitive
> answer on this?

None of the contests that I am familiar with have a method for
logging, scoring and checking half finished or half worked or
half logged contacts.  Some feel that this is wrong - you can
read all about that in the archives of this very list.

While your case is slightly diffrent in that you had it
logged but then deleted the information.  I am sure most of
us have done similar things.  It will not be the end of the
world for you or for the person you worked if you or
he loose points. I still feel that it really is best if we
just log and check valid contacts.  Most contests require a
two-way exchange of information to form a valid contact.

The NAQP has this rule:

        Valid Contact: A valid contact consists of a complete, correctly
        copied and legibly logged two-way exchange between a North American
        station and any other station.

Correctly logging the contact is part of making the contact.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net