[CQ-Contest] Advantages...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Advantages...
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt)
Date: Fri Jan 24 21:39:23 2003
-Chris said:

But I also know that DXing is boring, and contesting is FUN!  :)
---------------------------------------

Well that may be, however, it's been stated in the past that DXing is just a
contest with no time limits. I might also add that it's the only "contest"
that allows use of the WARC bands to boot!

Also, I'm sure everybody's in the assisted category as there are no "single
ops" left in DXing with all using packet for the last 8 years anyway I'm
sure.

anyway here's a little poem I came upon

"Advantages" by Franz Hammel

I used to wish I had more than a two stack
and then I met a man with no tower.

I used to wish I had a memory keyer
and then I met a man with, but a J-38.

I used to wish I had a computer
and then I met a man with no pencil.

I used to wish I had a DSP receiver
and then I met a man with only an Eico 352.

I used to wish I had some 1 7/8 Andrews
and then I met a man with RG174.

I used to wish I had 40 acres
and then I met a man who lived in a closet.

I used to wish I had a 4-square
and then I met a man with a bent Gotham vertical with no radials.

I used to wish I could operate Sweepstakes from the Andamans,
but then I remembered it's a domestic contest.

I used to wish I had several beverages,
and if you've read this far you're probably convinced that I already have,
but I assure you that is not the case.
---

The only thing that's fair to say is that life isn't fair. Once I understood
that, the rest of it has been a cakewalk.

Matt--K7BG

---