[CQ-Contest] STUFF

Subject: [CQ-Contest] STUFF
From: N7MAL@CITLINK.NET (N7MAL)
Date: Sat Jan 25 19:24:22 2003
99.9% of the time I agree with the very astute Mr. Nieger, however, this
time I must make an exception. DO AWAY with packet for all categories. How
much of a 'CONTEST' is it if you know what frequency to go to and who's on
it????? I thought the basic concept of a contest was to pit my skills
against your skills, not the skills of a third party telling me who is on
what frequency. It requires absolutely no skill or brains to look at a
computer screen and see ZD8Z on 21025 and go there and work him. What have
you proven except you know how to read. Most packet programs will even send
your radio to the frequency and send the CW for you. That's not contesting
that's being a robot for your computer.

MAL                N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
www.citlink.net/~suzyq/N7mal.htm