[CQ-Contest] My own catagory

Subject: [CQ-Contest] My own catagory
From: okh.npi@gte.net (Rich Dailey, KA8OKH)
Date: Wed Feb 5 15:47:27 2003
A thought before I dash off to work (keep in mind this is being written
before my 1st cup of coffee) -

Make all the cabrillo logs submitted available as a .zip file,  let each of
us massage the data how we like.  Then, for example, if we operated
3.2 hours,  we can sort the logs,  make our own list of stations that
operated 3.2 hrs or less,  and Yay! I just won the 3.2 hour catagory
low power unassisted! Yay! Print the certificate.

Technically speaking,  we need a cabrillo field to code in such information
as brand name of rig(s),  antenna types,  distance from nearest body of
salt water, height above sea level,  # of bathroom breaks,  # of family
intrusions,  etc.  Organize this field so the software can sort it all out.
Imagine the possibilities!  Imagine the quirky ways this might influence
operators!  If only I had taken one more break...

There is a lot of tongue-in-cheek in this,  but I do see some usefulness
in a coded cabrillo field for other descriptive items pertaining to the station
and operator, as well as software to look at it all.  I'm sure someone
will come up with a slick program to piechart/bargraph all this stuff.

Yay!  I won the SOLP 40m, Icom, vertical, 3 break, 950'asl, 1 meal
from em77pa!

Yay!  Print.

Rich
---
Rich Dailey, KA8OKH - Phyllis Dailey, KB4NPI
USA Radiosport Web - <http://www.qsl.net/ka8okh>  Mirror site
-<http://home1.gte.net/web22jfw>
---