[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW maps of USA contests

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW maps of USA contests
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Fri Feb 14 11:14:14 2003
     I now have EVEN BETTER maps of U.S. contestants in the 2002 ARRL
International DX Contest, CW, on the web:

http://www.wm5r.org/maps/

     There was a bug in the ZIP to lat/lon conversion that caused
those callsigns with FCC database entries that had nine-digit ZIP
codes to be discarded and not drawn on the map.  This was only really
noticable in the case of a few Top Ten stations that were not being drawn
on the last map.  Thanks to K2UA for pointing out the problem, and to
K5TM for figuring out how to fix it.

     To those who have inquired - yes - I am planning on making similar
maps showing the U.S. contestants in the 2002 ARRL International DX Contest,
phone.  I will probably also do maps for the most recent Sweepstakes,
10 meter contest, 160 meter contest, etc. for which the ARRL has
online score databases.  It will just take a little time.  I might also
be willing, for those writing contest writeups, to make maps like this
for inclusion in the official results - maybe after we've found all the
bugs :-)

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops