[CQ-Contest] Re: Changing powers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Changing powers
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Tue Feb 18 11:48:46 2003
W2UP asks:

> I'm sure this has been discussed before, but... How does ARRL deal with
> changing exchanges w/log checking for the DX contest?

Well, the DX contest exchange certainly presents lots of challenges to
the log checking software.

First off, ALL power exchanges are converted to integers for purposes of
log checking.  K, KW and 1000 are all created equal.

A database is used to determine what people actually sent on each band.
This tends to be more accurate than looking at the sent information in
the log.  This database has 6 entries in it... one per band.

Finally, any station that seems to be sending either random data, or changes
what they send in the middle of the contest will be deemed "unstable" and
their exchange information will not be checked.

Tree N6TR