[CQ-Contest] UK Foundation Licensees

Subject: [CQ-Contest] UK Foundation Licensees
From: kc1f@adelphia.net (Stuart Santelmann KC1F)
Date: Sat Mar 8 15:36:14 2003

> I was impressed, during the recent ARRL Phone DX Contest, by the number of
> UK Foundation license-holders, with their 10-watt limits, and by the
> relatively good operating style most of them practiced.  Has the RSGB made
> a conscious effort to bring these folks along as contesters?  How has the
> Foundation license worked  out in general in the UK -- has it promoted
> entry into the hobby?

I think this is a really good thing.  We work bunches of these guys from New
England.  I think they are able to pick their callsigns, which M3RAY
confirmed for me.  Some of them do seem a little unclear about only working
us once per band, but what the hey...

            Still 2 feet of snow on the ground here in NH

                                Very 73            Stu            KC1F