[CQ-Contest] Receiver tests

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Receiver tests
From: marcelo@alternex.com.br (marcelo@alternex.com.br)
Date: Fri Mar 21 10:43:24 2003
This interesting discussion about receiver  tests brings to a question I always
had, maybe someone could share his thoughts/experiences about it:

There are in  the market some high end DSP shortwave receivers (e.g. JRC NRD
545). These are in the US$ 2.000 range. How do these receivers compare to the
receiveng section of top end transceivers (FT-1000D, IC756, etc). Is their
price tag justified by something extra we don't havein our rigs?

For a spotting station for example, would such a receiver be better than a
transceiver?

Marcelo
PY1KN / PY2KN