[CQ-Contest] Results of the 2002 Canada Day Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Results of the 2002 Canada Day Contest
From: rtnash@netcom.ca (Robert Nash)
Date: Thu Mar 27 21:04:59 2003
Hello Friends

The results of the 2002 Canada Day contest were printed in the March/April
issue of RAC journal TCA. Unfortunately an error has been discovered in the
way that the entries were categorized. Those of you with access to the
magazine may have noticed that the results seemed quite different than those
shown on the 3830 reflector for instance. I first brought this to the
contest managers' attention some weeks ago but the root cause was finally
identified by them this week!

Because of these errors RAC is reluctant to post the results at this time on
their web site. For those of you in the U.S.A. and overseas, without access
to TCA to do a check, I have posted a "Logs Received" page for the 2002
canada Day contest on the RAC web at http://www.rac.ca/2002CDYLogs.htm

If you entered the 2002 Canada Day contest please check to see that your log
was processed and that it is in the proper category. Every effort is being
made to correct any errors but the number of such is unknown. If you find
that your entry is missing or in the wrong category, please send another
copy of your entry to ve9qed@rac.ca. It is hoped that complete corrected
results will be available on the web in June and in the July/August TCA.

The methodology has been fixed now and I anticipate that a major problem
will not happen again and a "Logs Received" page for Canada Day 2003 will
allow the capture of anything that does inadvertently occur.

Thanks for your time and see you in Canada Day 2003 on July 1.

73 Bob VE3KZ
ve3kz@rac.ca