[CQ-Contest] QRZed - guess again

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRZed - guess again
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 3 22:22:24 2003
In a message dated 4/3/2003 9:22:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, geoiii@kkn.net
writes:

> Several years ago during a thread very much like the current one
> N6AA made a post to CQ-Contest on this subject.
> He has some very good thoughts on this topic.
>
> You can find it here:
>
> <A
> HREF="http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/1998-July/014573.html";>http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/1998-July/014573.html</A>

Good points are made in the above post by N6AA.  I would suggest another
criteria for "no callsign" operation:  How smooth was the just competed qso.

A couple of "5NN 5" exchanges at 40 wpm (or faster on voice) take maybe 5
seconds, so after a "TU" it's only been 10 or 15 seconds since the last qso.
Not a big deal, if not too many such qsos happen between IDs.

But if the other guy sends his report 3 times with a straight key, corrects
his callsign, sends with his left foot, etc., sending your callsign after
that QSO becomes a lot more necessary.

73  -  Jim  K8MR