[CQ-Contest] Re: QRZ no call

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: QRZ no call
From: jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Mon Apr 7 09:20:02 2003
> with each contact.  I don't mind listening to a snappy operator working
down
> the pileup quickly at a good rate, giving his call every second or third
> QSO.  I know I'm going to get through quickly and they'll ID without
wasting

My experience is that such snappy operators are a very rare breed! Most of
the ones I encounter don't have the courtesy to ID unless a number of
calling stations send "CALL? CALL? ... " A QRZ with no ID is an annoying
practice and ops that do that frequently 'appear' to have no consideration
for other contestants. Some times it even seems like it is an ego thing -
mine is bigger or rarer than yours and therefore I don't need to ID unless I
am pestered. What a shame.

Just my two cents! I am a little pistol like the majority of contestants and
our words don't seem to count much in these sort of discussions. I leave to
the bigger guns to figure out what is and is not courteous :-)

Hmmm - there maybe a good contesting.com survey question in this discussion.
If you have a good wording for a question please drop by the survey section
and suggest it.

... Sylvan

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK