[CQ-Contest] self-spotting - solution?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] self-spotting - solution?
From: ha1ag@yahoo.com (Zoli Pitman)
Date: Sat Apr 12 02:19:35 2003
> Anyway, how the heck do you
> even begin to police this??
>
> Look, folks....there is NO way to police spotting.

Yes, there is. The Contest Commitee can DQ these
stations and make the public known that they were DQ'd
because of self-spotting. The Contest Committee can do
whatever they want to preserve integrity and their
decision is final.

The DQ'd stations who are interested in the contest
and not only in the pileups will definitely take the
message and 'stop this practice.

As long as it is tolerated the moral of the
non-selfspotters is the limit. I don't think we have
to wait to long until someone will write a small piece
of SW which sends the CAT freq readout to all the
internet connected clusters of the world every ten or
two minutes...

73 de Zoli HA1AG