[CQ-Contest] 3 second ON/OFF - QRM on 20mtrs?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 3 second ON/OFF - QRM on 20mtrs?
From: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (VE6JY Don Moman)
Date: Thu May 1 06:59:21 2003
As the IARU Monitoring Coordinator for RAC, I am always interested in these
kinds of intruder reports.  The 3 sec on/off is new to me but we have
knowledge of the 14025a data signal  (12 channel 200 hz spaced VFT).  We all
need to be concerned about intruders, be they accidental or by design, that
use our frequencies.  Reports including signal strengths and headings as
KG5U gave, are an important step in locating and hopefully getting something
done to stop these transmissions. Check out
http://www.echelon.ca/iarumsr2/contact.html  and if you hear something, drop
the MS person in your country  a note with all the details.

73 Don
VE6JY
RAC IARU Monitoring Co-ordinator    http://www.rac.ca/monitor.htm
IARU Region II Monitoring  info at:  http://www.iaru-r2.org/monitor_e.htm