Fw: [CQ-Contest] 3 second ON/OFF - QRM on 20mtrs

Subject: Fw: [CQ-Contest] 3 second ON/OFF - QRM on 20mtrs
From: david.e.burger@au.pwc.com (david.e.burger@au.pwc.com)
Date: Thu May 1 17:23:44 2003
Just a note.. there is a small chance this may be coming out of VK..
Certainly our 12m band is seriously affected by HF 'JORN' radars (Located
in southern VK8), and I have heard them cruise by on 15m and 10m and
briefly on 30m once.  They are wide, ie around 30kHz+, raspy machine style
of sound - and strong.  My VK8AA station in Darwin was taken out for about
10 minutes on the 15m band during the '02 CQWW contest with this radar.

If you hear it again, check down this way..

Cheers, David Burger VK8AA / VK2CZ
Sydney
computer.