[CQ-Contest] 3 SECOND ON/OFF MYSTERY NOISE SOLVED

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 3 SECOND ON/OFF MYSTERY NOISE SOLVED
From: desk@nwlink.com (Dan Eskenazi)
Date: Thu May 1 11:55:21 2003
The 3 second ON/OFF noise problem has ben solved. The SHARPER IMAGE,
Quadra, Air Filter is
the culprit!.  We have two of these, so after unplugging the first one, and
hearing no difference in the
QRM, we assumed (operative word here) that THEY were not the culprits. The
other one, as it happens,
is right under the yagi in a 10 ft NW direction, and that explains the
strange pattern in trying to triangulate
the noise. I wonder if K5RC, K7QQ, W7SNH and any others who were hearing
this "over the horizon Asian QRM" might
also have one of these popular air filters.

Nice to have the bands back!
and Im glad my standing in QCAO has not been tarnished by this
episode...but rather, enhanced!

73 all
de
Danny K7SS