[CQ-Contest] W3AU SK

Subject: [CQ-Contest] W3AU SK
From: n4af@contesting.com (Howard Hoyt)
Date: Mon May 12 14:35:55 2003
Hard to believe we have lost Ed. He was such a warm, down-to-earth guy.
I can still hear Ed's gravely voice and see his smile.
Up until recently he still maintained his skeds with VU on 20M CW.

I fondly remember the awe of viewing his towers from the Va side of the
river and the excitement of opening 20M to Eu in ARRLDX about 40 years
ago.  I also remember how touched a skinny kid, who d/n know jack,  was
being asked for his suggestions for improvement by Ed.

W3AU seemed to come along at just the right time for a lot of young
operators-what a group of guys Ed was able to assemble !

Anyone who did not have the honor to visit Ed's station might be
interested in visiting http://pvrc.org/W3AU/w3au.htm

73, Howie

--
Howard Hoyt N4AF