[CQ-Contest] 10 minutes rule for M/S category

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10 minutes rule for M/S category
From: tavan@tibco.com (Rick Tavan)
Date: Fri May 16 21:50:24 2003
Thanks for your considered response, Kelly, I guess you are in the camp
that believes that whatever can be regulated, should be regulated. It's
an honorable position, just one with which I disagree. We can't enforce
power limits and spotting net prohibitions, but violations, which do
occur, have not spoiled the contest for (most of) the rest of us.  I
don't think there were any more octopi than superpower stations prior to
the ten minute rule. Actually, I think there were fewer, we knew who
they were and we could mentally discount or disregard their scores.
That's the way I'd like to treat multi-single. I agree with you about
eliminating the multiplier "station," that is, one capable of
simultaneous operation by a different person. But telling two people
they can't take turns operating an SO2R station, one person at a time,
and call it Multi-Single is an example of the "law of unintended
consequences." Silly, too.

73,

/Rick N6XI