[CQ-Contest] Re: Which band?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Which band?
From: spa@tri.net (Salina Physician Anesthesia)
Date: Thu Jun 5 20:01:02 2003
Sorry to ask the probably obvious, but:

I have been operating some in some of the DX contests from a hill listed on
the Kansas Topo maps as Iron Mound.  Great time with 10 and 15M single
yagis.  The 98 years old lady that owned it died last month and I get one
more year of operation.  Poor timing as I'll retire at the end of that year
and would have had a lot more time to play.

Anyway, I've been playing around with ACEHF, etc. about which single band to
try for the October CQ contest.  Best bets seem to be 20M or 40M for a one
band effort to work as much DX as possible in the last go round.  Same for
March's contests.

Any thoughts on or off list?

N0UU

Oh yes, I ordered one of the TenTech Orions to finish in style.