[CQ-Contest] IARU-HF WRTC-Style Team Competition - Web Page

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU-HF WRTC-Style Team Competition - Web Page
From: hwardsil@centurytel.net (Ward Silver)
Date: Thu Jul 3 11:34:09 2003
> Thanks to Henry W2DZO, we have a Web page where the rules and team
> registrations will be announced -
> http://summitschool.com/faculty/wrtcrules.html.
>
> If you have a team that will be competing, please consider registering
> early.  I think it will be lot of fun for us all to see who will be
>
> Skip...
> The above web page is sort of " up and down" (Internet QSB :)
>
> We are considering joining the race but the wording of the rules is not
> quite clear regarding antennas. It appears that things like multi element
> triband quad with separate feed for each band are allowed. I thing it
would
> be proper to state that the 20-15-10 meters antenna should be a tribander
> with SINGLE feed. That will prevent use of separate feed multiband
antennas
> with filters which is clearly a great advantage over single feed setup.
>
> 73, Igor UA9CDC

Igor,

Thanks for the excellent question - good one!

Clarification - multi-band antennas with individual feed per band are
allowed, but are considered a single antenna and may not be shared by the
two stations.  If you have a multi-element quad, a C31-XR, or something
similar with all of the bands fed with a separate feedline, only one of the
stations may use it at a time.  It's OK to switch it back and forth between
stations, but the other station must use the wire.

I'll send that to W2DZO right away.

73, Ward N0AX