[CQ-Contest] Voice Keyer / SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Voice Keyer / SO2R
From: k4sb@earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Wed Jul 9 19:33:12 2003
Lee Hiers wrote:
> In anticipation of the new 40 meter band and the abolition of code
> requirements internationally, I've purchased a voice keyer - the
> MFJ434.

> But looking for any hints & kinks for a more permanent setup later on...

Mine works fine Lee and others. One thing I did was commit "hari kari"
on a mouse ( the computer type ) and wired the buttons so that when
one is pushed, it grounds the line to that button.( I used a Logitech
3 button mouse ) Now is you take the other end of the cable and wire
it to the type of PS connector which normally goes to a floppy, you
will find it fits the remote plug on the back of the unit perfectly.
You can then send 3 messages by just clicking on the mouse.

Now for a new category..."Top Gun 2 Mouser"

):>
Ed