[CQ-Contest] Recording

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Recording
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Jul 22 22:26:21 2003
At 06:52 PM 7/22/03 +0100, Tim Makins, EI8IC wrote:
>There have been quite a few comments on the merits of recording, but I don't
>think anyone answered the original question - the mechanics of computer
>recording of a contest - except one person, who said that Writelog can do
>it.
>
>For those of us without this program, would anyone like to comment on
>software and technique etc. ?

I use software called RecAll Pro by Sagebrush software, which records in a
variety of compressions and time-stamps the recording so you can go readily
to the right place to check a bust.  a 48-hour recording fits readily on a
single CD.  Requires you to have a separate computer for recording, or
rather a separate computer for contest logging, but works really well with
excellent fidelity.  Write me if you have more questions...

73, Pete N4ZR