[CQ-Contest] Elmering CW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Elmering CW
From: k5iid@earthlink.net (Thomas Horton)
Date: Sun Jul 27 18:25:19 2003
I agree that one of the best things we can do to
increase CW activity and to keep it a viable
mode would be elmering.
 I am not a great teacher, so what I have
done in the past is to encourage the contesters
in the area to try CW in the contests.
 It's easy for them to get discouraged when listening
to the bands during SS, etc.
 I was too intimidated to go the CW-SS route for many
years...30+ to be exact. Now I can't wait for the first
weekend in November.
 I have been able to get a couple of guys around here
to play in the CW contests. Some of their scores have
been very respectable!
 Just encourage the phone guys you know. Tell them
how much fun it is, what rare countries they are missing,
etc. Hopefully thay will join us!

73, Tom K5IID

Thomas Horton
k5iid@earthlink.net